Saturday, September 25, 2010

Moving to Honduras

I lived in Nigeria for 5 years and then my Mommy got pregnant. We didn't want the baby to get sick from malaria, so we wanted to go to a place that didn't have malaria. So we asked Dr. Hart, and he said we could maybe go to Honduras, but the government in Honduras took a long time to answer. But finally they said we could come.

We got to Honduras yesterday and we had 13 bags. So we put all the 13 bags in a little bus and came to Valle de Angeles. Valle de Angeles means Valley of Angels in Spanish. We are staying in a hotel called Maranatha because our house in Honduras isn't ready for us yet. We are going to stay here for 2 weeks and then we will move to our house.

Honduras is good. I like it. It's nice and everything. The weather is really cold. It's not so cold, like snowing, but it's like fall. It never snows over here. It's always cool. Never too hot or too cold. It's raining today.

The food...the food isn't good at the hotel, at the cafeteria. I forgot to wash my hands yesterday and I got sick and I vomited 5 times!

Today is Sabbath and I didn't go to church because I was sick. Jonathan got sick too, he has a cold. So Joshua and Daddy went to church and Mommy and Jonathan and me stayed home. They walked to church in the rain, with the umbrella. I rested all morning. I prayed to Jesus to help me get better, but I'm still sick. My tummy is still hurting. I hope I get better soon.

Michaela

3 comments:

  1. Praying that you'll get better too Michaela! Proud of you for starting your own blog. :) Keep it up!

    ~ Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michaela! I hope you enjoy Honduras! And make lots of new friends! I miss you!

    ~Auntie Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Micheala,

    I have had so much fun reading your blog! My name is Mariah and I have been talking to your daddy and Marta about coming to work as a nurse in the hospital there.

    I have enjoyed reading your stories about being in Honduras because I have never been to Honduras before. I have already learned one very important thing from you: always wash my hands before I eat. : )

    I am looking forward to meeting you and your family!

    Mariah

    ReplyDelete